- Individual Importance - v12-14
- Everyone is the ONE
- Start Small, Stay Simple - v15-17
- Limit the Audience
- Divine Design - v18
- "your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" - 6:10
- Stronger Together - v19-20
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sin cuts. It divides us - people from God and people from people. One of God's Goals for us is to work to undo the damage that sin does. We have to look at how sin divides us and what we can do to pull people back together instead of pulling each other apart.
Do you ever feel like you're fighting a losing battle? Like you keep trying and trying, but never get anywhere. There are times when we all feel that way. We see a goal and we try to get to it, but we can't ever seem to get there. Sometimes we set the wrong goals. Sometimes there are obstacles in our path that we just can't get past. And sometimes those obstacles are us. God gives us goals that we should all have for our lives, goals that we can all reach. But, we can only reach them if we learn not to get in the way.
- Welcome the Weaker - Whoever welcomes a little child like this in my name welcomes me. v5
- Open Yourself
- Cut the Cause - If your hand or foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. - v8
- Sacrifice Yourself
- Don't look Down - See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. - v10
- Examine Yourself