- Stop the Routine
- v9 "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan Woman"
- Yield to God's Way
- v19 ""I can see that you are a prophet"
- Go - Worship & Tell - v20 & 39
- v20 "Our fathers worshiped on this mountain..."
- v39 "Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony.
Sunday, March 16, 2008
So, we've identified that we need to be filled only with Jesus and started to look at what it is that keeps each of us from being filled. Now, how do we bring all of this together? How do we keep from becoming like the Jerusalem crowds who welcomed Jesus into the city with palm branches and singing, then shouted for his crucifixion just a few days later? In order for this to happen, we have to take a good, solid look at ourselves and make some changes.
Sunday, March 2, 2008
Americans are switching religions and churches at record rates. We are used to being given choices in everything in life, why should church be any different? The only time we don't keep choosing is when we've found something that works. So, what is the church's purpose? What is it meant to do? The answer can be found in the interaction Jesus has with a Samaritan woman he meets at a well. Here we find what the church is supposed to do and what keeps us individually from achieving that goal.